When the temperature rises, it’s not just humans who suffer in the heat.
Our animal friends are feeling it, too, and they’re covered in fur! On really hot days, they might not even want to move or go outside. There are things you can do, however, to keep your best friend safe throughout the summer months. Here are 15 of the best tips we could find for helping your pet stay cool.
1. Exercise early in the morning or after the sun has gone down during the coolest parts of the day. This way, they won’t be sedentary, but they won’t suffer.
2. Use booties on their feet. Asphalt and other hot surfaces can burn the sensitive pads of an animal’s paws.
3. Watch out for dehydration, which will vary by pet. Dogs, for example, can’t sweat. Instead, they pant and might drool excessively if they need water.
5. Cooling pads can provide a comfortable surface to sit on when your pet is feeling too warm. (You might even want to lay on one, too!)
11. Animals with light-colored ears or noses may require sunscreen, just like humans.
Read more: http://www.viralnova.com